Yo, I'm John…

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Yo, I'm John…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JohnJohn
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

What’s up folks. I’m John B Badd, a middle aged student of the arts from St Louis, MO, USA. Last semester, at 42 I went back to Saint Louis Community College at Florissant Valley, (graduated in ’96 with a Criminal Justice AAS), to hone my fine art and illustration skills. While on summer break I decided to further my education with the New Masters Academy. It has been a good experience so far.

I started with A Beginners Guide to Drawing, which was partially remedial, and partially new concepts. I found it a valuable place to start. Now I’m in Beginning Head Drawing with Steve Huston, and I enjoy it, and I’m learning a lot. I plan on knocking out his Advanced Head Drawing, then moving into figure drawing.

At the moment I’m focusing mainly on the human figure and value, but I throw some landscape work and still life into the mix. My goal is to stay on value, greys and monotones, for the next year or two, and then once I feel I have a good grasp of value, to move into more colorful works.

You can find me through my website http://www.JohnBBadd.com which links to my various social media sites. Hit me up and let me know how your art training is coming along.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.