Vera’s 100 Day Challenge: Figure Drawing – Gesture and Structure

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Vera’s 100 Day Challenge: Figure Drawing – Gesture and Structure

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 38 Glenn Vilppu gesture draw along, watercolor and ink. I dreaded the results, but I enjoyed the process. Liking the effect of ink + wash

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 39 More draw along. I’m enjoying the mixed media – broad strokes for sweeping motions, and then filling in details

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 40 tried some 2 minute poses, more focus on gesture than structure. I seriously hate figure drawing today.

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 41

Worked on the NC Wyeth master study. I’ve only dabbled with oils, so I’m trying the study in water color, which I haven’t mastered either… we’ll see if I can pull it together. For a while there the horse looked more like a cow, but I think it’s come around. I’m so appreciative of the lines, values and contrast in details in the original. A true lesson in how to guide the eye

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Followed up by practicing arms, as they give me double

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Finished my NC Wyeth master study today. Won’t count the day toward 100 day challenge

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 42 Spent most of the day on the Prud’Hon master study (not finished yet). Absorbed by thinking of anatomy, volumes, planes …

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 43  Returning to form and structure with intermediate head construction

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 44 Wrapping up intermediate constructive head drawing. Time to return to the full figure tomorrow

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 45 Working through Glenn Vilppu’s Spherical Forms lesson.

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 46 Spherical forms, continued

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 46  Varying results. Only posting the best two today – too depressing/embarrassing to post the others.

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Correction: day 47

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 48. I’ve returned to constructive head drawing, eye lesson. Breaking the head into more refined shapes has been tremendously satisfying – it feels revelatory

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Vera I had a look through you challenge and see a good improvement, I also notice you said you were waiting for the big secret to be revealed which made me smile cause I always feel the same, but the truth is it’s little useful bits of info that help you organise how you approach each drawing that make the difference.

I have a tip for you that might help try holding the pencil right at the back and move your entire arm / draw from the shoulder on your figure drawings it helped me out, I usually start with a centre line then look for S curves or C curves in the figure and then build on that.

Action lines

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.