Vera’s 100 Day Challenge: Figure Drawing – Gesture and Structure

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Vera’s 100 Day Challenge: Figure Drawing – Gesture and Structure

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 10 – 1/10 of the way. Noticed that I’ve actually returned to the beginning figure drawing course. Repeated head and torso chapters yesterday; today it’s arms and shoulders.

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 11 Legs

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Lots of lecture watching today and taking notes. Mixed results trying to apply what I’ve learned

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 13 

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 14 

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 15

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 16. Did one of the daily sketch sessions, 1-minute, 2 minute, 5 minute and 10 minute pose. The 1 minute outcome is pretty ridiculous, but the 2 minute poses felt better than expected. For the last of the 5 minute and the 10 minute poses, I unexpectedly had time for more than approaching the basic shape and found myself asking “now what?” I just started on the light and shadow section, so that seems like good timing in terms of next steps. I probably still go too thick too soon in terms of line work, and my forms feel a bit too angular at times 

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 16 part II – untimed drawing with shading 

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 17, working on shadow rendering. Big picture still in progress. 

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 18 – 5 minute pose light and shadow drawing. Interesting how the eye shifts to the shape of the shadows while drawing.

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 19. Watched Steve’s version of the 5 minute pose exercise from yesterday. Revisited the poses

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 20. Something different today. I’m participating in the December master study art challenge, and one of my pics is an ink drawing by Gibson. This is just a first stab. I’m processing, I’m observing. Can’t quite verbalize it yet. I didn’t quite capture the postures, the attitudes. Faces and hands need work. The question for each group of lines: what’s the purpose here?

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 21. Attended the live drawing this morning, and ouch was it rough. Felt like regression to zero. This evening I did a first approach of my next master study victim, a Prud’Hon.

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 22 Why did I decide to do this challenge? I’m sick of it, and yet, I enjoy the act of drawing as long as I can let go of the outcome

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 23. Decided to draw slowly and carefully today.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.