tracing and learning?

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art Discussion Drawing tracing and learning?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tobias Degnebolig
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

i have been thinking for some time of difftrent ways of learning

and i tried for a mounth ago to take a picture of a figure, then traced the structure of it and then after i redrawed the structure myself without tracing. and this gave me a realy good result of how the drawing looked and then today i saw this video today of someone talking about this same idea of learning and i became curious about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dERSl-bQNr8

but here comes my question about it, is this a good way to learn, if i do this for a long time will my brain learn from this less then if i just try to draw the structure out from just observing the refrence? or will it learn just as much? or more?

barbjcc
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Tracing can be a helpful tool to aid in the learning process, but it shouldn’t be a replacement for observation and practice. It’s important to also practice drawing from observation, as this will help you develop your ability to see and understand the structure and proportions of objects. I think tracing can help you develop your muscle memory and hand-eye coordination, which can be beneficial for your overall drawing skills. However, relying solely on tracing may limit your ability to see and understand the structure of objects in a more comprehensive way. Therefore, it’s important to balance tracing with other methods of learning and practice, such as observing and drawing from life.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.