Tonal Studies and Composition Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Tonal Studies and Composition Challenge

Viewing 8 posts - 166 through 173 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Erik for your encouragement and all constructive critiques you provided at times when help was needed! Much appreciated!

Yes, I am almost at the finish line, it does feel good, and you are right especially this last week.

Everything seemed little more under control. I still have world to learn,  but at least I managed   to work little closer to what felt right if I can call it that way.

Day 98, graphite on 9×12 block paper.

I love Isaac Levitan and this is a study of his painting “A Bridge in Savvinskaya Sloboda”. I enjoyed it a lot.

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 99, charcoal pencil on 9×12 block.

Again study of Isaac Levitan’s painting. It was interesting to draw, but couldn’t do as good  job with tonal values. In charcoal it turns out just as a pattern made by light lily pads in dark waters with very little tonal variation.

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 100!!

There it is, I made it to the end of this challenge. It was lots of fun, but also lots of frustration, many late nights. At the end if I can see any improvement it is in my attitude. I can miss to do many things, but as Glenn Villpu said – not a day without a line – . I will do my best to maintain this momentum.

I want to thank you all who provided me with words of encouragement and advice!

9×12 block, graphite pencil

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Gordan, congratulations!

I think you achieved alot. Either you feel like you improved or not, you did so many drawings you could fill a whole wall with them 😅

And I’m sure you established some kind of process and a workflow.

Your consistency is really impressive 👍👋

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Congratulations Gordan!  Great effort on your 100 days.

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Christopher and Erik!

I wish you all the best with your efforts in 100 day challenge’

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations! What an awesome thread to follow!

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Joshua!

Viewing 8 posts - 166 through 173 (of 173 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.