Tomatoes, oil on paper alla prima – Crit welcome

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Tomatoes, oil on paper alla prima – Crit welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alon MartsianoAlon Martsiano
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello,

This is an Alla prima painting from today, I’ve attached pictures of the original still life setup as well. It was completed from start to finish in about 6 hours.

I Posted here before and learnt a lot from the comments and crits of NMA instructors and fellow artists,

I’ve tried to implement some of the things I’ve heard here and from other places to make my work look better and push further up to where I want to be with my art.

Would greatly appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks!

Alon Martsiano

instagram: @alon.martsiano

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi,

This is another still life alla prima of pumpkins, oil on paper.  thought I would keep it on the same thread.

Would love to hear your thoughts

Thanks!

Chris_LegaspiChris_Legaspi
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Alon. Really nice paintings. I love the way you paint materials and the atmosphere of the tomato piece. For the pumpkins, the first thing I notice is the composition. I would arrange them to create more overlaps and force the sense of depth and atmosphere. Also I would add or exaggerate the saturation in some areas like the core shadow. I feel it needs a little saturation to make it pop off the canvas. Hope that helps.

alon crit

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Chris,

I totally agree that the composition on the pumpkins piece could be and would have been much better the way you set it up.

Will work on that part better with the next piece!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.