The Planes of the Head

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion The Planes of the Head

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, instructor Glenn Vilppu will give you an introduction to the planes of the face. You will learn how to analyze the model’s features and break them into planes; this enables you to achieve accurate likeness, light and shadow, and a greater understanding of facial structure. Then, Glenn will show you how to employ rendering techniques to describe the underlying structures.

This lesson belongs to Renaissance Head Drawing. In this 8-week course, master draftsman Glenn Vilppu will teach you his unique approach to drawing the head, rooted in the traditions of the Old Masters. You will learn how to illustrate the portrait with three-dimensionality. You will master the construction, planes, and anatomy of the head. In sharing his technique, Glenn will help you achieve the ability to create effortless yet convincing drawings.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

Armelle Mazeau
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

the way this is presented is not workable for me. I would like to practice or understand what you are doing but i can only see a small picture of the model in the corner so i cant relate with your exercise.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.