Susan’s 100 Day on Odoardo Fialetti book

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Susan’s 100 Day on Odoardo Fialetti book

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Comparison day 6 and day 12 of the same eye. Definitely improvement in how the lines represent form, hatching was more random in the early eye.

day 12 comparision

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Day 12 quick sketch. Trying to keep under 1 minute.

day 12 eye gesture

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Day 9 and 12 gesture comparison on same eye.  Still needs work but I find the lines are getting more controlled.  Needs some darker areas for drama.

day 12 gesture comparison

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Still day 12

Tried working into eye a bit more. Still sticking with the goal of drawing the eye under 1 minute.  Can’t decide if I think this improves the drawing or not.

12 day gesture eye

David CarterDavid Carter
    Participant
    100 Day Art Challenge Participant Badge
    No points.

Hi Susan,

I like the comparisons with time and different methods – I’ll borrow that idea myself!

Maybe for the 1-minute sketches you could do a slow version of the same eye and compare.

keep on truckin’

Best wishes,
    David.

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Hello David,

Good idea, I will try a longer version of the eye  while still trying to keep the loose flowing lines.  I don’t usually compare my drawings to earlier drawings, however  I found it really useful, I wasn’t really expecting to see the difference. I think this is something I will keep up in the future. I am sure you will see some interesting developments in your drawings as well.

take care,

Susan

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Day 13

Working on hatching.

day13 eye

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Day 12 gesture

day12 gesture

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Day 12

Gesture eye from day 6 to 12.  Improving! Not exactly the same in all images but shows a progression.

day 12 gesture summary

David CarterDavid Carter
    Participant
    100 Day Art Challenge Participant Badge
    No points.

Wow Susan,  that last one is really great – love the subtle lines and expression in the gaze, you must be quite chuffed.  The last dipped ink pen one too is really good – at first glance I would have said it’s Fialetti’s own 🙂

Cheers,
    David.

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks David! I have found reviewing other student work on Discord really helpful in picking out ways to improve.  Hopefully it will soon start to get easier and I will be able to knock these drawings out, it seems like getting one “right” has no bearing on how successful the next one will be. And yes, I did feel pretty good about these drawings.  There are many unexpected benefits from this process, such as being able to draw from imagination better. I have never been good at drawing without a reference but this has really helped.  Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.

Day 13 (beginning to see how long 100 days is)

First two drawings are from today and the last one is a previous drawing. Eyebrows are getting better but still need some work. I am focusing on trying to vary the pressure on the pen to achieve different weighted lines.

eye day 13

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Day 13

Still at the rough sketch stage. Had a lot of difficulty figuring out the perspective on this eye but now have the lid wrapping around the eyeball into the inside corner of the eye. I found this eye one of the hardest to get the eye to wrap around the form rather than being shapes. Will work further on cleaning up the lines. This was on a page with many eyes, so you can see the previous sketch in the top corner.  Tomorrow I will start on the nose as well as continuing on with the eyes.

day 13 eye rough sketch.

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Day 14

Burnt my hand cooking dinner, day 14 is off. Back tomorrow.

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Day 15

New ink, Sennelier, a bit harder to control than the Winsor and Newton but I love the colour. Once I get used to it, I think I will prefer it. Needs to be thinned a bit with water.

eye day 15

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Day 16

No real drawings to post, starting to work on the nose, as expected harder than it looks.

nose 1

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.