Suggestion for ease of access. Series: "Not in a Series"

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Website Suggestions and Wish List Suggestion for ease of access. Series: "Not in a Series"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    berronade
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I have a number of Learning Paths/Series lined up, a little list outlining the priority of the series to help with how I want to order watching them. The filters in the Video Lessons page are very useful and helpful finding the different Series I want to watch, because of the ‘Series’ tag. Also because there are often many lessons within a series, they’re easy to find/come by during other tag searches.

But while browsing topics, or skill level tags (Of which the search often fetches many results) it is hard to distinguish which Lessons are not a part of a Series which I have already browsed through. Basically I’ve overlooked a lot of these standalone Lessons that would otherwise be extremely valuable to my studies because they were similar to a Lesson within a Series that I already bookmarked for later.

It would be handy to have a Series search tag that is just “Not in a Series”, so that these Series-less Lessons that may be drowned out in a search flooded with Lessons that are within a Series may be easy to find and get the attention they deserve.

Thank you for listening. 🙂 I love this website so much, and the little time I’ve manage to devote to it has already paid off immensely.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by berronade.
    berronade
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I can’t seem to edit a second time, but though I’d mention another suggestion rather than create a new topic for it.

It would be convenient and helpful if on a Lesson’s page in the overview section we could see if that Lesson was a part of a Learning Path. We can see if it is a part of a Series which is great and helpful, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to find the Learning Path that a lesson is a part of.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

We are currently reorganizing the entire website which should address this concern. We will be updating the presentation soon but essentially every lesson will belong to a “course” and the courses will be easy to sift through.

If you look at the learning path page now you can see some of the new content organization. The website functionality changes will hopefully happen over the next few weeks once all content finds a home.

berronade
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

That’s very exciting! I’m happy to see that the site is in active development. Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

No worries. There is so much great content here but it’s a bit overwhelming to try to navigate it all. This improvement has been a long time coming… 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.