Still life, oil on paper, critiques welcome

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Still life, oil on paper, critiques welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alon MartsianoAlon Martsiano
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Birgith ScheiBirgith Schei
    Participant
    No points.

Good work. 👍💐

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Alon

Lovely still life. I think working on the saturation/chroma could be useful, as the items fall a tad into the background. Bumping up the saturation a bit for all the objects will help, a bit more for the lemons and less so for the pot. More warmth in the shadow sides too, as it seems from the light side you’re working with a neutral to cool light. Overall a real nice piece.

Rachel Atkins
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Lovely piece, I like how the pot edges recede into the darkness, creates great atmosphere. The corn or leaves seem to be close to the same value as the lemons, it could perhaps benefit from being a bit darker than the lemons, with less yellow, if you wanted them to recede a little and not complete so much with the lemons.
    I wish I could paint this well!!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you so much for the comments and compliments! Rachel, totally see what you mean about the leaves, they should be darker and less saturated. And Josseline, I agree a bump in the chroma can make it look much better.

Thank you Brigith for your kind words.

Would love to hear comments from one of the instructors of NMA if possible 🙂 Thanks!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

@ChrisLegaspi has critiqued your work!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you so much for featuring my work on this free critique video session! It is very flattering and I learnt a lot from Chris’s comments, will definitely implement them on my future work 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.