Still life: Because I deserve it

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Still life: Because I deserve it

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Birgith ScheiBirgith Schei
    Participant
    No points.

I joined NMA in the middle of February and have watched landscape painting videos  by  Ben Fenske, composition by Bill Perkins, among others. I have been drawing and painting for many years and have followed some courses. The intention by joining NMA is to improve my skills. The attached painting  is a 40 x 40 cm acrylic on canvas painting, which I painted last year. I appreciate constructive feed back,

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Very nice work. Hopefully critiques for this will happen soon but one thing I’m noticed is that your ellipses need work. They are too pinched like an American football, they need more of a generous roundness on the sides. I notice this lack of a feel of wrapping along the forms as well. Mainly in the bottom left paint can. 🙏🏼

ZHI SUZHI SU
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Beautiful work! I like the color scheme and the sense of unity. You may consider darken the value of the wood board in the back a bit, especially the part around the table, to push it back even more. It will add some depth. The label behind the glass and the one under the towel need some value change too because they disappear away from the viewer.

Birgith ScheiBirgith Schei
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks fir your advices, Zhi Su

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.