So excited to be here!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! So excited to be here!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MaartjeMaartje
    Participant
    No points.

Hi everyone!
    Thank you for making such amazing content! I am so grateful to be finally getting the art education I wanted. When I was choosing further education back in 2005, I have looked at art schools, but they didn’t teach the classical drawing/painting techniques I wanted. And I had no idea there were academies that did! So I ended up in university, to have at least an income. I would do art on the side then. Well, irony on me. I choose to do art conservation and after 10 years of study, there were very few (badly paid) jobs, I hated the field and my heart wasn’t in it anymore. So, I decided to take the risk and change my career into doing art. But to do that well and to my best abilities, I have to go back to school! 😀
    I am so excited to dig into the courses and develop my skills further, that I made myself a whole schedule with all the courses I want to do! Even though I am pretty comfortable with drawing things from life (often I go to the zoo to draw animals) I want to make some serious progress as an artist and confront the things I’m less good at. Stepping out of the comfort zone both in subject and media. So, starting next year, I’m gonna focus on learning to paint with oils, on landscapes and human anatomy 😀 ! (well, ok, actually already started a bit)

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Sounds exciting!

Please share your progress with us here or on social media with #pathtomastery

We can’t wait to see your progress!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.