Sight-Size Drawing Lesson 9: Final Long Pose Figure Project

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Sight-Size Drawing Lesson 9: Final Long Pose Figure Project

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, you will learn to draw a full-valued figure. Along with the instructor, you will go all the way from lighting set-up and choosing a

model’s pose to defining and organizing shadow and halftone values.

Academies and ateliers around the world are increasingly teaching an American realist approach to drawing and painting known as sight-size or classical realism.

Hosted by Florence Academy of Art founder Daniel Graves, this massive course is the most comprehensive breakdown of the sight-size approach ever produced online.

By the end of this course, you’ll be an expert in the approach and be ready to take on Sight-Size Painting Course, scheduled for a 2020 release.

gil_mello
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am now on section 12, which is right on the middle of this lesson 9…I think it is taking way too long, I would hope to have at least all the body shades finalized by now. I give credits to both the teacher and the model for standing their lesson strength so far, but still think this could be done in much shorter lesson span.

G. Mello

gil_mello
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am approaching the end of this lesson 9, and very much impressed by the artist’s skill, his charcoal drawing is very fine indeed. I just think that this lesson was much too long for the viewers (probably for the artist and model, too), I had to rush the video slide many times forward to cut down on tedious molecular steps in the process. All in all, I think this is useful for a beginner who is not at all used to charcoal drawing. I did not see the artist using any materials other than charcoal and kneading eraser during the drawing, I think he could make use of a small sponge to smooth out light areas in the figure while adjusting middle values and light transitions around the form, just a thought.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.