Sight-Size Drawing Lesson 1: Introduction to Sight-Size Method

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Sight-Size Drawing Lesson 1: Introduction to Sight-Size Method

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, Leo Mancini-Hresko will introduce the Sight-Size approach to drawing. He will go over the tools and the materials you will be using, such as pencils and charcoals (And their hardness), as well as different types of drawing paper.

Academies and ateliers around the world are increasingly teaching an American realist approach to drawing and painting known as sight-size or classical realism.

Hosted by Florence Academy of Art founder Daniel Graves, this massive course is the most comprehensive breakdown of the sight-size approach ever produced online.

By the end of this course, you’ll be an expert in the approach and be ready to take on Sight-Size Painting Course, scheduled for a 2020 release.

999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Any release date announce?

DanDan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I just watched this lesson and I really appreciate the thoroughness of Leo’s breakdown. I’m new to charcoal and Sight-Size, and this helped me a lot with understanding the material and their specific uses. Thanks!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Dan, we are happy that you’re benefitting from the course!

erased_1654656544
    No badges. No points.

First video down. I lost the midline in the male profile (his mouth is too far forward) but I’m excited to continue learning!

VeronikaVeronika
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I have a question. On the paper for the charcoal drawings.  I cannot find the Roma Fabriano paper where I live in South America. Only Arches or Sennelier.

On the Arches paper, he mentioned cold-pressed fine grain, medium and hot pressed very fine grain. But in the end, I didn´t catch which one we should use.

Can someone help me out on which one we are supposed to use???  I can find Arches cold pressed fine grain or Sennelier Cold pressed fine grain and rough grain. Thanks in advance.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Roma is great but it’s a bit of a luxury and very expensive.

For arches you want a smoother texture so go with hot pressed.

Raven Shadowz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello!

How thick is the foam core that he is using in the artist tools video?

MenaruArt
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello! can you please list the material used in the all course?

I live outside of the USA and my country doesn’t have much for artist supply so I need to order the stuff in advance and it’s overwhelming to check the long video each time

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by MenaruArt.
    R. Stephen GraceyR. Stephen Gracey
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Which of the dizzying array of Stonehenge papers is Leo recommending?

Stephen

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.