Sherman’s 100 day portrait challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Sherman’s 100 day portrait challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 295 total)
  • Author
    Sherman BarberSherman Barber
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Not gaining any ground. Day 76, sketch 65. Imaginary Procreate pencil sketch.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Improvement here. Thrilled you’re still going strong. Again proportions have improved but need to be worked on. Eyes should be halfway up the head. In the last drawing they seem high. Base of nose should be halfway between bottom of chin and eyebrows (roughly). We seem high again. Mouth appears too wide (is possible though). I think the drawing skills are improving but this is the one area where you could start either measuring more carefully or studying the proportions in the Beginning Head Drawing course more carefully and keep practicing.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Joshua,
    Thank you very much for your feedback. I do feel like I am making some progress, but know that I have a lot more to learn.
    I have been thinking that I do need to go back and work through the head drawing courses. But finish them this time!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Yes, also it’s not a one and done thing. We have to keep reviewing the information, practicing and coming back. You’ll find that when you  watch the lectures or demos again you’ll understand more and more. 🙏🏼

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

you have a lot of portrait drawings under your belt, unique in their own way

i especially like the one on May 16

cool artwork

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks iamjakeroo! I am back after a bit of a struggle with my meds/cancer. I hope that I can keep going! Day 90, sketch 66.
    Procreste “pencil” on my iPad.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Iliya MirochnikIliya Mirochnik
    Participant
    Instructor Badge
    No points.

Hi Sherman,

I did 2 draw overs, one showing the planes of the head and then another showing what a basic distribution of values according to those planes would look like. I think the proportions in this most recent portrait are good, it’s just the forms that we need to work on. I’ll be checking in and will probably be drawing individual draw-overs for the features of the face.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

Iliya

Iliya MirochnikIliya Mirochnik
    Participant
    Instructor Badge
    No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Iliya, thank you so much. I have been struggling a bit lately. I’m not sure if it is my cancer or the meds. I will talk to my oncologist this week and see what we can do. I hope to get sketching again.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 135, sketch 67. Rough “pencil” sketch on my iPad. Trying to get going again during chemo.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 136, sketch 68! TWO DAYS, TWO SKETCHES! “Pencil” sketch on iPad again. Took a little more time today.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 295 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.