Shannon’s 100 Day Art Challenge : Expression & Emotion study in graphite

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Shannon’s 100 Day Art Challenge : Expression & Emotion study in graphite

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Shannon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I haven’t been online in a couple of days but I did draw. I hit a wall of frustration because I’m so unsure of how to improve and move forward with perspective.

Side note : why is the formatting so bad?? My photos keep showing up sideways and I can’t edit anything.

Nick HausmanNick Hausman
    Participant
    No points.

First off, these forums don’t get a ton of traffic, but there are a fair number of regular posters for the challenge. So don’t expect too many replies.

Capturing emotion in portraits is a fairly advanced topic. Since you are also struggling with perspective, you might want to go back to basics for a while and go through one of the beginner courses like the Russian Academic Drawing course or the Beginner Drawing course. Or you could take a look at some of the head drawing videos, I think there are several different series to choose from.

Most likely, to capture expressions, you will need to get the features of the face in the proper proportions and locations reliably.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.