shamelessly begging for a crit

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique shamelessly begging for a crit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TracyKozinski
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’d love to get a critique on either of these, but don’t feel obligated to do both or either of them. If you see something, great. If not, that’s fine too. Also, if you see another ones of these running around, I’m sorry. Wasn’t sure if the first went through. Anyway, great respect for doing this.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Tracy

These are so cool! I’m not advanced enough to provide much feedback, but overall I like the evidence of consistency in your style across the images.
    For the coloured image, I can see you used complimentary colour scheme to separate the spaces, and to further emphasise the lighting. I think maybe trying to harmonise the colours a bit across the image more would help. The distinction between the space where the characters and the other space feel more spatially separated than what they actually are.

Otherwise, keep pushing your style – it’s neat!

craigmullins
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Not sure if this is helpful, but I bet it’s amusing:)  I think you need to keep pushing your style, but try to inform that push with real principles of drawing and form.  Once you learn that, then the challenge will be to not let that water down your style.

ryokoseigo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

You need to work on your proportions and rendering atm.  Your first image is notable worse looking than the uncolored version due to the rendering being a bit off.  This makes them look much flatter then they should be.  It seems you are using black too much to make shadows which is a huge part of the issue.  I get where you are at, and likely the suggestion from others would be to focus on 1 thing, say anatomy for awhile and forgo color/full scenes.  I didn’t do that approach, and it definitely hurt me, but I won’t say you have to do that way, just that it’s likely more efficient.  You clearly have the ideas, but not the skill to pull them off fully yet, so it makes sense to focus less on ideas for a bit and more on technique.  I’m the reverse, and that’s likely in part due to my refusal to do practice sketches and learn individual steps.

TracyKozinski
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks everyone for the advice, it really helps. 🙂

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Tracy. Charles Critiqued you work here:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.