Possibility of an app for iOS and Android

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Website Suggestions and Wish List Possibility of an app for iOS and Android

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    rcthompso0409
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

an app that allows download of videos to view offline would be amazing

Linda
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I second this!

An app would make it easier to navigate and read content on the site. Apps that work with Chromecast or an AppleTV app would be a huge plus!

I don’t think I’m the only person would would love the ability to download content to watch later – imagine travelling or commuting and catching up on lessons…

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

An app is quite a bit of work but if there is enough interest we will definitely look into this. If anyone else is interested please let us know here!

jennifermitton
    Participant
    No points.

I too am very interested! It would help when I’m travelling or not near my wifi or using my phone/tablet.

lomblers
    Participant
    No points.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Absolutely yes! Downloads/Offline  video playing, iOS and Apple TV app in that order. I access nma exclusively through my iPad and travel a lot. It would be great to be able to view the 3D models properly as well, but the offline viewing is #1</p>

denizjgunduz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Yes! An app would absolutely be amazing.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Okay! We have decided to start development on an app. Please continue to post suggestions.

lomblers
    Participant
    No points.

No new ideas (yet) above and beyond my earlier post, just a big Yay! for the work starting. OK just one idea.. suggest an early release with a small set of functionality for people to play with, and opportunity to give feedback at that point

bothblairs
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

app with the ability to download videos for offline would be great for learning on the go.

Tobias Schnider
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Yes, an app would be absolutely amazing.

ManuelFernandez
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Joshua

Make it possible to mark certain videos for offline watching, they can expire just like netflix. Allow for notifications or reminders to keep working on a class, similar to Duolingo.

Hopefully an app that works for both iphones and ipads would be preferable.

Notes that can sync through icloud, or connect your google account to make notes and pictures taken from the app, available in google drive.

For classes that have homework, allow the student to take a picture of their work so they can attach it to the relevant class, maybe the metadata can save the date, so if a student comes back to the course they can see their progress over time.

ManuelFernandez
    Participant
    No points.

Also so the student can jump straight to the forum of the lesson. Make the transcript a “social learning” experience, with highlights, comments and maybe even images of other attempts placed at the location another person chose to highlight.

wendieez1
    Participant
    No points.

This would be a bonus for a lot of people. Dedicated apps are the future. A free try before they buy – job done. Easiest marketing there is.

ManuelFernandez
    Participant
    No points.

Actually, an option that automatically creates a # for each class, so you can take a screenshot and select “share to social media” and automatically # the image with #GlennVilppuRenaissanceDrawing #RussianDrawing, etc would be fantastic. It would be so much like sitting in an actual class and looking at your classmate’s works and even help create a learning network.

Amanda Admin
    No badges. No points.

Thank you for these great suggestions! I will make sure to bring your feedback to the team 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Amanda Admin.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.