Please Critique Portrait Painting

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Please Critique Portrait Painting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Elaine Sandeen
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is lesson 2 of Joseph Todorovitch”s class

Christina KentChristina Kent
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Lovely! I like how your brush strokes wrap around the face and support a sense of form. Both eyes have a pretty high level of resolution, maybe next time you could resolve one more than the other so that the viewer has a clearer focal point. Overall very nice 🙂

Elaine Sandeen
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Christina, I didn’t even think of that!

Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Elaine, good work here, the overall looks well, we recognize a young female 2 vale painted portrait with shadows and lights well distinguished, I’m sure you achieve your goal in this excersie.

I could advise you to get your block-in( your shadows) darker, we do need a clear gap between light and shadow zones and i feel them very closed in the value scale.

A little thing to fix as well is your cropped hair, you can fix that by centering your portrait drawing so we avoid having cropped hair ( in this case), I personally do it right from the beginning by framing the drawing, other than that you have a great exercise there.

Cheers::)

Edgar REdgar R
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Elaine, this is a nicely excecuted exercise I agree with Carlos on the early placing of the figure so that you can have more control on the overall design, also I would recomend mixing beforehand your general values so that you have at least  different steps from dark to light, I hope this helps 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.