Photoshop for Traditional Artists | Part 1: Setting up Photoshop

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Photoshop for Traditional Artists | Part 1: Setting up Photoshop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this series, instructor Chris Legaspi shows you how to use Adobe Photoshop as an artist. This series will be extremely helpful if you have been wondering how to use your traditional artistic skills in a digital medium, but don’t exactly know where to begin. This first lesson in the series will cover how to set up Photoshop. Chris begins with the very basics, going over what kind of software and hardware he recommends, and how to open and navigate around Photoshop. He will then cover setting up your workspace, menus, layers, and brushes.

Hardware and Software

• Macbook Pro 13″
    • Wacom Bamboo, Intuos or Cintiq Tablet
    • Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Sketchbook Pro, Corel Painter, Manga Studio or Procreate
    Денис Ширшицкий
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

It is a pity that there is no transcript or built-in translator under the video, this would greatly facilitate translation into other languages.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

We are working on captions for this course right now (that’s also what enables transcripts). I will update this thread when they are ready.

We know that users are using our transcript feature to translate the videos into their native language.

Obviously it would be more ideal if we had captions in that language so you could make the video full screen and have a better learning experience.

We are working on just that, captions in different languages.

Sophie
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Can I follow this course with Krita ?

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Sophie, as some one that is not very familiar with this course or Krita, I think its theoretically possible.
    Chris recommends Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro, Clip Studio Paint, Procreate, and Corel Painter
    One of out staff members also recommends Gimp and Fire Alpaca as photoshop alternatives

I also found this on Google:
    “Krita is specifically designed for digital painting, Gimp is way better at photo editing. Krita has better brushes for drawing right out of factory (and in my opinion a better brush engine to create more) but can’t print. Gimp can print and is a good program for photo editing.”

So if Krita can not do some of the photo editing parts, maybe you could use Gimp in its place. Gimp seems to be pretty close to photoshop

But any option that is not photoshop will be a bit more challenging since each software has its own workflow
    but you will learn more that way 🙂

Sophie
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.