Pera’s 100 days art challene: JUST F#%KING DRAW

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Pera’s 100 days art challene: JUST F#%KING DRAW

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Pera PlazolaPera Plazola
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Ok so I made this chllenge to prove myself that I can be consistant with my work, been able to do a little bit of art every single day, the goal with this is to be consistant, to learn and have fun with it.
    It can be anything drawing, painting, sculpture, random art haha. To record my progress here in NMA and to use this website like I will go to the Uni to take my classes. 🙂
    Remember to learn and have fun.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Pera PlazolaPera Plazola.
    Pera PlazolaPera Plazola
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

So because this challenge name is just f#%king DRAW I’m obviously going to start with a painting! Haha
    Today ws paint day , and that for me means play day, I loveee painting so much just the feeling of the paint, the texturee of it it’s just aaahhh 💜💜💜🎨
    Today I watched the color theory course part one: Value with Bill Perkins, this lessons was about organising your values, your matrix and mayor and minor key, I already have studied this in the “course drawing for begginers” and the “how to find your voice as an artist” in both of them Bill talks about this with such clarity that he made it so easy to understand, although in this case was painting and it was a little bit harder because at the beggining I was a little more sluppy with my paint and palette so my vlues all mix up together and it become a mess, but I was learning to be more orgnised with it and at the end I thing I kind organised myself and could it make it haha, you can see some mixing values at the Vermeer painting and the face looks a little weird hahah she kinda has a look of why you are painting me?, and the lips were such trouble they were horrible at the beggining hahaha but at the end I thing this was a succesfull value study and in the Remington painting the value divission was so clear and clean a high minor key I would say, this painting was easier but that dam horsee make my life imposible for a while haha, the painting at the end it didn’t look as clean as the one Bill was doing but for working on value I think it was a succesfull study too, from this lessons just remains the Rembrandt’s and Botticelli’s study and that’s it for value lesson.

Tody was a very productive and funny day. 🙂
    See ya tomorrow

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Pera PlazolaPera Plazola.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Pera PlazolaPera Plazola.
    Pera PlazolaPera Plazola
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 2 of the challenge

Today I was not feeling it, I was a little bit tired, but I forced myself to continue to this challenge and anyways it’s just day 2 haha.

Today I finished the first lesson on color theory with Bill Perkins focuss on values, it shows that yesterday I was soo into it, nd today was just a mess a little bit haha, i got my values all mixed up and the Rembrandt’s painting was particulary hard for me, don’d know why.

I learn about consistancy and dicipline today, sometimes is the most difficult part of all this trip haha. 🙂

#Day2

Iliya MirochnikIliya Mirochnik
    Participant
    Instructor Badge
    No points.

Hi Pera,

I really like that you’re doing these tonal master copies. I don’t want to conflict with Bill is teaching when it comes to these, but I recommend almost labeling the amount of flat values that you’re seeing. Robert Henri (wrote The Art Spirit) and Harold Speed (The Science and Practice of Drawing/Painting), two great instructors from about 100 years ago recommend basically writing out what the colors/values are. So for example, something as simple as : background, face, hair, hat, shirt, collar, left hand, right hand, and whatever else. Really simple, and you know, having written them down that each is it’s own color and value, (only value in your case.) Even if you make the copies black and white, and see that one of the designated elements is the same value as another one, in your copy strive to make them different. Also, practice keeping the edges between them very, very sharp. A good way to practice is this is to use grey-scale markers, making sure to use a particular marker for a particular area and not mixing them.

I know it’s just day 2 of the challenge, but stick with it, I’ll be checking in!

Best,

Iliya

Pera PlazolaPera Plazola
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you so  much! I will check out those books. Thanks for the advierten I think that would make everything look more clear and it would help me to be more organise.

Thanks lliya  I will stick to the challenge 🙂 (also i’m doing the russian course too, it’s amazing) haha

Pera PlazolaPera Plazola
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 3!

Today I did the lesson “introduction to painting” by Steve Huston.

The lesson wars scout light and show  the rules of light and it was amazing, so simple and enjoyable,time pases so fast and I was rally into it.

Today I learn more about the las of light and enjoying the painting while doing it 🙂

Day 3

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Nice work.  Your enthusiasm for this shows in your work.  Keep it up!

Pera PlazolaPera Plazola
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks a lot! 😄😄😄

Pera PlazolaPera Plazola
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#Day2

Ok, so today i was not feeling it, but it’s just day two so I forced myself to work, and I think you can tell the diferente bettwen yesterday and today.

My values all got mix up toghether and i has troibles with the Rembrandt study, but at the end I think I could put them out well.

I tried to be more lose with this ones and concentrated more in the values and not in the forms. 🙂

Happy day 2
    #Day2

Comparation #Day1#Day1

Pera PlazolaPera Plazola
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 4!
    I haven’t keep up with the challenge, I forgot to publish in the website, but let’s pretend that it didn’t happen and i’m at day 4! 😉 hahaha

So this is what I’ve donde in day 4, this lesson was particularly difficult for me, i realized that I needed more drawing skills for be better at painting, so I decided to take a drawing course first, completed and then come back to the painting lesson 🙂 Day4

Pera PlazolaPera Plazola
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 5!

So far, what I’ve learn at the head drawing course by Steve H. Súper enjoying it

Day 5

Pera PlazolaPera Plazola
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 6!

I have been working on the constructive head drawing by Steve!

Amazing course, so much learning, I’m applying what I learn in the painting that im working on

So far so good.

Im leaving a picture of a drawing for the begginer course jajaja, bcs my notes for this course aren’t that pretty😅

Im a little bit more messy with the notes for the head drawing course.

Pera PlazolaPera Plazola
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day 7!
    I say day 7 but in reality it’s has been like three days that i have been working on this piece.
    i’m enjoying the process a lot, applying what i have learn in the constructive head drawing course, im still on the ears part, so i didnt draw them haha
    I found myself thinking more like an sculpture and that has make me improve so much more, love applying what I learn in an actual piece of my own

In order to do not burn my brain with all that learning, I decided to make art of my own, at the same time I learn form this website (wich is amazing) ,still trying to adjust my schedule, and I want to make space for just practice drawing, like copy the masters, do some bargue’s, do my art and learning from here. I don’t know what Im going to do once I enter school, it would be online so I decided to tke just theoretical classes like conceptual analisis of art works, and so on, so i can di the practical stuff from this site.
    wish me luck with my semester I hope it would be amazing, with tons of work, and tons of fun 🙂

Day 7

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

What’s the point in doing this challenge if you’re constantly skipping multiple days, weeks? Then you’re just not actually doing the challenge. Sorry if i’m sounding harsh, I just find it odd. Good work though.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Pera, keep up the good work. I agree that it’s a good idea to focus more on the drawing skills right now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.