Paul’s 100 Day Challenge; Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Paul’s 100 Day Challenge; Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 348 total)
  • Author
    PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s the Day 54 sketchbook page. Got a new fountain pen for father’s day and wanted to try it out. So far I like it quite a bit. The flow is almost too smooth and plentiful. I think the flow will probably get a little less plentiful after I use it for a while. Nice to have a second pen that seems to be pretty well made.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 55 gouache studies.

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Painting the sky and clouds is definitely something I want to do in the future. Your studies all have a very interesting texture!

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Ramona. I think I’ll be doing more of these types of studies for color than I did for black and white. Right now everything, including the texture you mentioned, is unintentional. I’m simply putting the paint down and seeing what happens. I definitely want to learn how to get the paint to do what I want instead of relying on accidents.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 56. Wanted to explore some ideas for an illustration I’ve been wanting to do. Super tired today and ran out of gas early on. I will definitely work some more on this page and re-post it as well as try some different compositions for the possible illustration.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 57.

Not particularly pleased with this effort, but part of the challenge is to post whether I’m pleased or not. Went back to work on yesterday’s page with gouache and tried cleaning up some things, redrawing, (actually painting), over mistakes or things I didn’t like and continuing on the thumbnails. Still not liking things. If I stick with this basic idea I may need to radically redo the composition. I’ll see how I feel after leaving it alone for a few days.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Okay, here’s day 58. Boy, is this a mess. I deliberately just went nuts playing with pen and ink, brush and ink, wash, gouache, charcoal, more gouache, pen and ink again, more gouache, more charcoal etc etc. Just wanted to see how one medium on top of another would work, (or not work), and just kept going. Not sure what possessed me to do all this, especially knowing I would post it and all this mess would be up there for everyone to see. Felt kind of good though. Think I learned a lot.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Sorry for the lapse in posting. I’ve been struggling with back issues for a couple of weeks and it really tanked on me a few days ago. Hope to post something tomorrow and get back on track.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s Day 59.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Been having trouble posting. Getting a “404” error message but I’ll try again.

Here’s day 60 my gouache study from three days ago.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Still playing catch-up. Here’s day 61 from yesterday.

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Love your line Paul, it projects the confidence and it comes through in all your gesture drawings. Really amazing, great work!

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Gordon. I really appreciate your comments.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Here’s my gouache study for day 62. Really struggling to get blending to work in color as well as it did in greys. Also, having some real struggles with my back that’s making it hard to sit and draw or paint for more than a few minutes at a time. As a result I’m falling further behind on the challenge. Really want to keep going with it but may have to really limit the amount of time I can spend on a page or study.

Donatella Taghetti
    Participant
    No points.

hello :-)) i like very much this drowing; it show clearly what is going on .

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 348 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.