Elizabeth’s 100 Day Challenge: Paint or draw everyday

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Elizabeth’s 100 Day Challenge: Paint or draw everyday

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    elizabeth hone
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 96

elizabeth hone
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 97

stretched paper today for portrait lesson . Waiting for it to dry so kept practicing skulls and shading

elizabeth hone
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 98 unfinished

elizabeth hone
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 99 struggled with my conte and the paper texture. Felt I need a sharper edge and smoother paper

elizabeth hone
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 100 finished! Got through. Easy day today. Just filled up space on my stretched paper sheets

elizabeth hone
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations Elizabeth,

I especially enjoyed your work from the last weeks. I really liked your way of shading aswell as the improvement in general 👍👋

elizabeth hone
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks @christopherbunger . You were a real inspiration for me to finally knuckle down and start the Russian drawing course. I’ll have a day off art tomorrow and start back up the day after. Hoping to get it done by February next year!

Iliya MirochnikIliya Mirochnik
    Participant
    Instructor Badge
    No points.

Hi Elizabeth,

The work ethic and progress so clearly on display here is incredible. I think you’re doing a great job with my course. The portrait of Mark is looking quite good but do check the length of the nose and the bridge (nasion-glabella area). The mouth seems a bit too wide as well. I do like how you handled the values there, as, due to the medium (as well as the subject matter), it is difficult to get those soft transitions while still showing the form. The clavicle is well defined, but make sure to figure out where you are to it. We’re looking at it straight on, or even slightly from below, so that the S-curve is harder to spot or is reversed. In the pencil studies, do everything you’re doing, but try to slightly bring your shadows together and then pull your halftones apart. The drawings are a little fragmentary for that reason.

Keep up the great work, and I can’t wait to see your further progress on my course. I’ll be checking in with comments and draw-overs as always.

Best,
    Iliya

elizabeth hone
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks  @iliyamirochnik

I value your feedback. Learning from photos is often quite challenging. I’ve finished my 100 day challenge but will post on a forum occasionally to let you see how I’m going. Have a few more weeks of  COVID lockdown Here so could get some more serious art time before I have to go back to work and my time is restricted. You are a beautiful draughtsman. Thanks again

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations! This is an awesome thread. You advanced quite a bit! 👍🏼👍🏼

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.