Oil Painting for Beginners 1 Live Class

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Oil Painting for Beginners 1 Live Class

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

👨‍🏫 Office Hours Available

Get face-to-face help with the instructor during Office Hours, available at an additional cost. Click here to purchase Office Hours.

🎓 Class Description

In this Live Class, NMA instructor Charles Hu will host an overview of his 8-week course, Oil Painting for Beginners I. You will watch the lesson chapters for each week, complete the assignments and submit them. Each week Charles will go through and give live critiques of the submitted assignments and discuss the important principles covered in that week.

⭐️ Certificate Available

Earn a digital Certificate of Completion when you complete this Live Class and submit all assignments for review before the end of term. Certificate details are located in the Assignments tab of this lesson page. Additionally, students who fulfill the certificate requirements will receive a special badge for display in the NMA community forums and Discord server.

📨 Get Class Updates

To receive important class updates, enter your email here.

Jade IJade I
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I noticed a student is painting on a larger size canvas. I thought we are supposed to divide a 16 by 20 into 6 small ones? This is much more difficult but I am doing it.

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Jade, I would consult the assignment pdf under the assignments tab which is under the video. Assuming you are on week 3, the assignment states to divide the canvas into 6 sections https://www.nma.art/pdf-viewer/?id=2390197
    By working smaller, this should allow you to get more done in a shorter period of time while focusing on the larger forms/statements.

I hope this answers your question 🙂
    for quick responses and conversation related to the course, I encourage you to check out the live class channels in discord. link is at the top of this page 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.