Nick’s 100 Day Challenge Hands & Figure

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Nick’s 100 Day Challenge Hands & Figure

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    nick.lagrownick.lagrow
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 100!!!

Bringing a close to this 100 day challenge with one last figure drawing.

These days went by so quickly! Reflecting back, my goal was to build on foundational skills and focus in on one anatomical structure. I feel like I’ve gained a lot from the daily practice – I can see a little bit of improvement since the last 100 days, and am picking up better how to practice. Adding in the timer and 10 minute studies midway through made the short times in typical figure drawing a little less intimidating.

I’ll go through and reflect on the feedback throughout the thread sometime tonight – thanks especially to @Marcolino Estuardo for the immense amount of feedback! One of the big hurdles for me was putting any work up where people can see and critique it, but now I look forward to every time I see someone else has commented!

I’ve got 38 days until one of my virtual classes starts – and once that does I want to give as much time to practicing exercises and homework from that class so I can get the most out of it. Until then, I’ll keep up the daily practice with figures and spend a little focusing on the anatomy / structure of feet.

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! That’s awesome! What’s the subject of your virtual class? Are you an art major?

nick.lagrownick.lagrow
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Raven!!

Nah, just an amateur who wish I took art classes in school 🙂 I’m going to take a Foundations class and a Figure drawing class at the Gage Academy up here in Seattle

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Oh, cool,

I hope you’ll post what you make. I used to live in Everett. Is Gage meeting in person these days or just Zoom?

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations Nick! I believe you’re the first one of us to complete two 100 day challenges – I’m about to join you in a couple of days, so I know how much time and dedication it takes, so well done! I hope you’ve found, as I have, that you’ve built a solid practice habit. It’s a hugely beneficial thing. You’ve done a huge amount of work – all the best for all that lies ahead.

Deborah

nick.lagrownick.lagrow
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Is Gage meeting in person these days or just Zoom?

I think just Zoom for now – here’s hoping we can all go back to in person classes soon 🙂

Thanks Deborah and well done to you as well! I feel like so much of the practice is breaking through that barrier of sitting down to do it every day – after that there’ll always be more to learn anyway 🙂

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Nick. Congrats on finishing! Hope you learned tons that you can take with you at Gage. All the best over there and your art journey. Best.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.