Luca’s 100-Day Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Luca’s 100-Day Challenge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Luca Marchiori
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m pretty much a complete beginner and have been using NMA for about 6 weeks now. I thought it was time to formalize my presence by taking part in a 100-Day Challenge, so here I am!

I am really interested in figurative art and have worked with both reference photos and models online. I find that with photos I am able to achieve quite good results but I take a long time to get the outlines and the basic divisions into light and shadow. With models, I tend to panic and feel really under pressure to produce quickly.

So, for my 100-Day Challenge I am going to do a 20-minute drawing every day from a reference photo but treating it as if it were a live session. My aim is to improve my speed. So, here is day one, which was the first in a series of poses by Yoni Baker. There are 21 in the set so I will work through these first. I hope to see an improvement in accuracy as well as technique and the amount of information I am able to get down. Luca's 100-Day Challenge Day One

Vaidehi Nanote
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Lucas,

great job taking up the challenge, hope you find the improvement you want.

The form’s looking great, good luckk✨✨

Luca Marchiori
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Vaidehi! Let’s hope so too.

Luca Marchiori
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 2/100. Quite a challenging positon here. Luca's 100-day Challenge Day 2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.