Long Poses in Charcoal – Part 1: Amy

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Long Poses in Charcoal – Part 1: Amy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this series, master artist Steve Huston demonstrates his approach to long pose charcoal drawings at the NMA studio. He’ll share with you his techniques for preparing materials, mark-making, drawing warmup poses, arranging the model (Amy), and rendering a finish, all while explaining his thought processes!

Steve Huston is an internationally renowned painter and draftsman. Huston was born and raised in Alaska. He studied at Pasadena’s Art Center College of Design, while working construction each summer to pay his tuition. Even before graduating with his BFA, Huston began illustrating for such clients as Caesar’s Palace, MGM, Paramount Pictures and Universal Studios among others. Huston began teaching life drawing and painting, composition and anatomy; first at his alma mater, then at the Disney, Warner Brothers, and Dreamworks Studios. He began his career as a fine artist in 1995, winning top prizes at the California Art Club Gold Medal Show that year and the following. Huston continues exhibiting his work widely.

eabdyy
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Great stufff ,

I have a suggestion though

When I watch Steve ,I learn alot about the world and myself rather than picture making

And I love that

So if you can shoot some videos with steve ( topics can be anything , wars , history ,cooking , rocket science :DD) that gives us an idea of Steve s world view on general topics ,that would be gold

Or you can just try QA videos when you have time 🙂

Peace

Bernabé Oschilewski
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

You may check out the interview Stan Prokopenko did of him, I think is the closest you’ll get and also his youtube channel where he talks as he draws on his sketchbook, you’ll love both probably.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.