Life changes

Discuss on Discord Register Free
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

By trade I am a professional photographer. Graduated from New York Institute of Photography in 2008. And have been running a portrait business since.

3 years ago I was approached by a private school to teach a photography course and I absolutely fell in love with teaching! The school teaches a classical curriculum that was taught by the masters (Socrates, Plato, etc.,), and found myself gravitating toward art.

I started practicing again after 25+ years of not doing art (my last applied art project was freshman year in college ’91-’92). Feeling frustrated with my attempts I enrolled at NMA to gain a more structured and in-depth approach to my practices.

Last year I was asked by the same school to lead their art department and I said yes. That meant slowing down my photography business to commit to teaching. Hands down the best decision I ever made!

This avatar portrait is from a self photography portrait I did of myself for a photo project. I found it fitting to do a drawing and bring my photography and art full circle! 

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Awesome work! I’m adding your portrait badge now!

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No points.

Wow, I love the mouth in it, great job!

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you so much, Joshua and Andre!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.