Leo Mancini-Hresko Critique | @marc-crugnola

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Leo Mancini-Hresko Critique | @marc-crugnola

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Leo Mancini-HreskoLeo Mancini-Hresko
    Participant
    No points.

Hi @marc-crugnola. First off, nice drawing. A lot of attention was paid to the features, and for the most part, they are well drawn.

One of the easiest ways to improve this drawing would be to strengthen the overall structure of the head.

It is a common error to neglect the side planes of the head and back of the cranium.

I’ve done some drawing on top to illustrate what I might change.

The drawing has a slightly different proportional look than the model. She appears in your drawing to be slightly thinner, smaller jaw and larger forehead.

Please note in my lines I have made a few major changes:

• Moving the hairline down a bit to lower the height of the forehead
    • Moving the hair back slightly to make more room for her zygomat (cheekbone) the drawing doesn’t have quite enough room for that plane shift
    • It’s more of a taste thing than just accuracy, but I would bring the back of the hair to the right slightly, to give more feeling of the back of the head. If the top of the head doesn’t come down when the hairline does you will need more hair to the right in the back of the cranium
    • The nose looked a bit thin and flat to the face, I would move the tip and cast shadow just slightly to the left
    • The jaw looked just a bit short, changing the angle of it and moving the insertion back and to the right would really help

In all, it’s a nice drawing- besides fixing those issues you would get a bit more form and volume out of it simply by sharpening some edges; It’s all pretty soft-edged now.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.