Krista from Holland

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Krista from Holland

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Krista HellstenKrista Hellsten
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Everybody.

I’m Krista, 29, from Holland, and I’m so glad to have found this online place. The quality of the lectures is excellent and it’s so comfortable to take lessons in your living room at your own time. Also — ideal in these strange times of covid.

I like drawing portraits and on NMA I’m taking lessons in oil paint. Oil painting really is something different than drawing, much more messy and frustrating, and you have to make the biggest decisions at the beginning, instead of building something up slowly, as I am used to with charcoal. This really requires decisiveness which is a good thing to learn, even outside of painting 🙂

Learning how to paint with oils is a lovely struggle uphill.

Greetings from Krista

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi krista

Glad your enjoying your exquisite struggle with paint

Maybe that’s why I like fuzzy charcol I dont have to decide it’s like

Painting with fog . I am sticking mainly with steatdler Lumograph pencil at the moment a little charcol, kinda like dry painting the colour sometime comes in a wash of a couple of soft pastels , I scared myself using paint/ colour  and have discovered drawing has quiet charms and can be so close to painting .

The oxford vaccine should be out on 29th Dec it will be a gamechanger

Take care

Tim

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Tim! Yeah painting with fog, that’s a great description. I happen to like fog a lot. You can do nice tricks with charcoal.

We’re having the Pfizer vaccin over here — I think it’s out on 11th january 🙂

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Tricks with charcol

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I normally do plein air , but it’s a bit chilly , in this one I enjoyed the vine charcol being like dust  so temporary,  I look forward to seeing your messy oils

Tim

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Nice Tim, the reflection in the table is well done.

You can take a look at my sketchbook: https://www.nma.art/forums/topic/kristas-portrait-sketchbook/#post-1049925

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.