Karanveer's Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Sketchbooks Karanveer's Sketchbook

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Karanveer41
    Participant
    No points.

Hi! I’m studying figure drawing and painting with oils. For now, I’m focused on getting familiar with the medium and develop a process.

These are some recent studies from a life drawing session.

This is a Michelangelo study I did on his birthday on March 6 🙂

Some hand studies in ink from the NMA image library.

A couple portraits for practice.

Finally, some heads from imagination.

DeanyDeany
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Woah so awesome studies you’ve got here!

Karanveer41
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks, Deanyosla!

I have an instagram page here where I have a lot of my recent studies.

These drawings from photos were me experimenting with photoshop brushes. I’ve found that I didn’t prefer drawing digitally because of the lack of texture, everything looked so smooth and then I found a brush set which had these texture settings applied and now they look just like charcoal drawings.

Some heads from imagination for my D&D character, a human cleric, also done digitally. I’m trying to keep my digital work as close as possible to traditional because then I don’t have to learn how to draw all over again, lol.

This is a study from painting done by the artist, Johan Grenier. He’s great with digital and also uses a traditional approach to painting. Here, I’m using the simple round brush in photoshop.

And just a quick tip – if you want to see these images ‘enlarged’ just right click and select ‘view image’. This will open the picture with the original size of these drawings.

DeanyDeany
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

What brush set you’ve got? I’ve been looking for some textured brushes that look like traditional media too. Found some, though haven’t explored them thoroughly yet.

Karanveer41
    Participant
    No points.

I got the brush set from here. There’s lots to choose from but I’m just trying to use one or two brushes as my workhorse brushes.

RobertSeal-Coon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Stunning studies.  I love the hand studies.  These forums are really good for inspiring me to work harder.

Karanveer41
    Participant
    No points.

It’s been over 3 years since my last post! I do regret not being active in this wonderful community. Every moment is a chance to turn things around so here I am, with a recent torso study in Photoshop, trying out some new brushes. There’s also the sketch I did before painting on top on a separate layer.

Every painting teaches me to appreciate the halftones more. The halftones do so much work in painting but are rarely given the credit they deserve!

Torso Study Photoshop

Torso Study Drawing

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Karanveer41.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Karanveer41.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.