Jaylene’s 3rd 100 Day Challenge: Hands & Feet

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Jaylene’s 3rd 100 Day Challenge: Hands & Feet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

Here we go again…well actually I’m stuck coming up with an appropriate topic this time around.  I finished 100 days of gesture figure drawing this month, and before that it was head construction.

I think I often fall into unconscious  grinding away without really thinking about what I am doing and as a result don’t improve.  Maybe I should just move on to more detailed, time consuming, finished pieces.  On the other hand I can see the benefit of focusing on a single subject and working at it each day.  My heads, and gestures actually improved after all.

I have a favorite kind of sketchbook, it makes me feel great to complete one every three or four months.  I have 7 now all lined up on a shelf.  It helps to  temporarily keep the “I suck” voice out of my head.

What I have learned over the past two challenges is that I am most successful if I get the work done first thing in the morning, it seems to take about 45 min to an hour to complete a sketchbook page.  There seems to be a real benefit to me psychologically speaking to call a page complete and turn it over to start fresh the next day.  I think it gives me the confidence to tackle longer projects.  On the other hand, there were days I really hated heads and figures.  If I were to set this third challenge to drawing what ever inspiration suggests, I know I would fall down the internet rabbit hole “looking for references” and waste a ton of very precious time.  The challenge subject must be one that I can easily deduce if I am being representationally accurate or not otherwise I won’t have anything to measure improvement with.

Ok, I  have talked myself into it.  I’m going with hands and feet.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.