Jaylene’s 2nd 100 Day Challenge: Gesture Figure Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Jaylene’s 2nd 100 Day Challenge: Gesture Figure Drawing

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Paul.  I think the hundred day challenge is a great way to get daily practice.  My drawing teacher in college always insisted we complete a 100 page sketchbook every semester so that stuck with me.  I must say sometimes I absolutely hate it, other days it’s effortless.  I love how Bridgman’s figures fit together.  Thanks for commenting on my work!  I hope you have a fast and complete recovery.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Jaylene, so nice that you have the discipline to be already in your 2nd challenge! I just forfeited my 1st one on day 70 cause I couldn’t keep up. But will be restarting fron day 1 today

Anyways I love the movement you bring to the hips of your figures, that’s something I don’t see that often, and I don’t see at all in my own figures. Will definitely keep an eye in your progress for more inspiration

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you! I appreciate your kind comments.  To be perfectly honest I miss a day here and there.  Sometimes its hard to keep going especially when it feels like my figures are getting worse instead of better.  I saw a you tube video recently that  made me aware of the natural tendency to straighten out a figure as you are drawing it.  Some kind of brain bias or something.  Anyway it helped me to better understand Mr. Vilpu’s insistence to not copy the model.  I try to mark the line of the shoulders in relation to the line of the hips and then draw draw the structure in relation to those two angles.  My proportions still need a lot of work and I don’t think I got a grasp on the rotation of the figure. It is what it is.  If you are interested here is the video I mentioned:  Top 5 Gesture Drawing Mistakes & How to Fix Them! – YouTube  Good luck and your 100 Day Challenge 🙂

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 99 is looking really good – congrats for tomorrow 👍

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

It ended up being the day after tomorrow.  To wrap up this challenge I tried a master study after Ilia Repin.  I’m glad this challenge is over.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by JayleneJaylene.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by JayleneJaylene.
Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.