Introduction to Landscape Painting Part 4: Light & Shadow Planes

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Introduction to Landscape Painting Part 4: Light & Shadow Planes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Light and shadow planes are important concepts that allow an artist to communicate the form and structure of an element in a scene, as well as the direction of the sun. In this lesson, Ben shines a light on the techniques used to render these planes accurately.

Landscape painting in a studio compared to painting on-location are completely different experiences, each with their own set of challenges to face. Painting landscapes on-location means you’re faced with constantly changing natural lighting, as well as nature, but the experience itself can really make your inspiration flow.

In this painting course, Artist Ben Fenske teaches you the fundamentals of landscape painting through a series of lessons. These lessons include easy to follow instruction, analysis of famous landscape paintings, and demonstrations shot on-location, to help you better your painting skills.

cjhart11
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This series has been very helpful for me. Thank you for simplifying the concepts with clarity.

MattMatt
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I got a ton out of this lesson, especially the demonstration of reflected shadow. Unfortunately, it’s a rainy day for me. Not an ideal time to walk around and look for reflected shadow, but that’s exactly what I’ll be doing once the rain dies down.

Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.