Introduction to Landscape Painting Part 17: Beach Town

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Introduction to Landscape Painting Part 17: Beach Town

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In the coastal scene, the nearby town was the focus of the painting. The town was close and you could clearly see individual structures. Interpreting and simplifying the town was the main challenge of the painting. The strategy used here was to group the vertical planes together in shadow, and all of the top planes together in the sunlight.

Landscape painting in a studio compared to painting on-location are completely different experiences, each with their own set of challenges to face. Painting landscapes on-location means you’re faced with constantly changing natural lighting, as well as nature, but the experience itself can really make your inspiration flow.

In this painting course, Artist Ben Fenske teaches you the fundamentals of landscape painting through a series of lessons. These lessons include easy to follow instruction, analysis of famous landscape paintings, and demonstrations shot on-location, to help you better your painting skills.

Nour Labiadh
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello,This is more of a comment on the video lesson.

I honestly did not appreciate the fact of painting over another painting. Even though the artist explained why he made that choice, i find it hard and frustrating for me, the viewer , to see and understand well the starting lines of the composition.

After all, it is a course , made for students to learn and understand, so that must be the main goal .

Natalie MontelongoNatalie Montelongo
    Keymaster
    Administrator Badge
    No points.

Thank you for your comment, Nour. I am sorry to hear this lesson was frustrating and didn’t resonate for you.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nour,

It was done intentionally to show how to paint over a previous painting. This is an important skill especially if you have a limited budget for materials or you’re on a painting trip and you don’t have the ability to get more canvas. It can be disorienting and frustrating but first but it’s by design. So yes, we do feel it’s important for students to learn and understand how to do this.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.