Introduction to Drawing the Eyes

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Introduction to Drawing the Eyes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, instructor Steve Huston will teach you how to construct the eyes. You will learn the basic anatomy of the eyes and study the bone structure of the eye sockets. Steve will show you how the eyelids and brow ridges are positioned around the eyes. He will also show you how to place the eyes on the head.

This lesson belongs to the course Constructive Head Drawing I. During this 6-week course, renowned artist Steve Huston will teach you a direct and powerful approach to drawing the human head. Steve will show you the basic and intermediate constructions of the head. Then, you will learn to draw facial features by studying the informative lectures on anatomy, structure, and placement. You will also watch Steve analyze some portrait artworks from the Old Masters to understand the application of simple forms and shapes. After this course, you will gain a deeper understanding of the anatomy of the head and the nuances of every facial feature; this is crucial information for creating portrait drawings.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

Taylor Jacoby
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Great information but the problem I’m having with the tutorial is the lack of information on where to place the eyelids when the eye is looking up , down, left and right. And also the amount of space between the eyelids and iris when looking in different directions and expressions. It’s as if he was going to go into more detail later in the series, especially when makes a remake about it in part 4 (placement of the eye) at the end of the video, but never did / does.

A majority of this information mainly focuses on the placement of the eye itself in relation to the eye socket and using the eye socket to find key landmarks on the face to find the different planes of the face easier. Which is great! But, it’s missing a lot of the information that I pointed out prior.

Not sure if it’s discussed in other videos? But I can’t seem to find them sadly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.