I’m open to critiques on my Composition Matrix-Mood Exercises

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique I’m open to critiques on my Composition Matrix-Mood Exercises

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Fellas, My name is Carlos.

I’m taking the course on composition for painters from Bill Perkins.

My intention in this exercise is to change the Mayor and Minor keys (Matrix) to create different moods from the same image.

This is acrylic painting on Canson smooth Paper.

I will appreciate your feedback, thanks     ::)

Nadezhda Mozhaeva
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Carlos, I plan to take composition class next as refresher of my other learning class. I cannot judge how the mood changes, but what I see it is a great exercise to train the values in different conditions. I can say that in the jug exercise the most successful to my eye is high contrast and picture #1. Out of the ones with the vase the one is in the very middle is most attractive. Sorry that I cannot describe the mood.

Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Nadezhda, Thanks,  I appreciate your feedback  I’ve been doing the bill Perkins composition course and it has been terrific so far.

Christina KentChristina Kent
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

These are beautiful, and what a cool exercise! I think the high-key ones generally feel more hopeful and happy to me, while the low-key ones have a more dreamy, moody feeling to them. It is very cool to see how you can change the values so much and still get beautiful images. I wish I knew more about this subject so I could write a better critique – I guess I need to take the course too!

Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Christina, Thanks, yeah well that course of Bill is super full of cool stuff about comp, I learned a lot .  Recomended for sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.