Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hello from Oz

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    NathanNathan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi all!

My name is Nathan. I’m a 32-year-old with a passion for drawing.

After reading The Artists Way by Julia Cameron, I am reinvigorated, and feel a lot more free to create art. I haven’t been this excited about creating since I was a child. I love it!

I have no formal training except a 10-week life drawing class at the Julian Ashton Artschool in Sydney Australia (Where I’m originally from) and absorbing a ton of drawing books, mainly Andrew Loomis and YouTubers from around the internet.

Signing up to NMA was a gift to myself, and honestly, something I’ve wanted to do for years.

My medium of choice is pencil on paper, however, I’ve been playing a lot and experimenting with inks, markers, and occasionally super sculpy (which is mostly sitting on the shelve at the moment).

I’m having a lot of fun drawing. I’ve just completed the beginners’ stuff and I’ve learned a lot. I thought I’d just refresh myself on the basic concepts, but I was pleasantly surprised to have learned more than what I had initially anticipated. You have exceeded expectations! I’m glad to have this forum. It is exciting to go ahead with it.

I will try and post up every couple of weeks. I run my own digital marketing agency, so any time I carve out for myself is either Brazillian Jui Jitsu, Social time, or daily drawing (I threw out my TV years ago). I can’t promise regular updates, but I will do my best. (On a side note: If people have any questions about marketing themselves online, and particularly around the dark arts of SEO, feel free to ask.)

Anyways, great to be here. Really excited

Nathan

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by NathanNathan.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.