Hello From Orlando, FL

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hello From Orlando, FL

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Olmedo
    Participant
    No points.

Hello to everyone!

My name is Matthew and I’m excited to get this art journey started for me here at NMA. Last year I took the chance and wanted to learn how to draw mainly as a hobby, nothing career wise. If there’s anyone that may be helpful to give me any tips on how to go through the whole site as a self study “program”? Please and thank you. Hope to meet a lot of new people and get to share my personal work and progress as we speak.

Emmanuel Lynch
    Participant
    No points.

Hi just started classes on this site earlier this month but have some college experience. They offer coaching and have a Discord account I need to look up.  It depends mostly on the direction you want to go with your art and working everything into a schedule you can get some consistency. Personally I would recommend having a composition class and a sketchbook classes. With a sketchbook you can carry around it takes away most excuses not to squeeze in some practice throughout the day. Composition and looking at other students’ work especially in the critique forums will help you improve finding what is wrong with your work and state what the problems are so you can find a solution. At the bottom of many classes I noticed recommended classes before you take the class you are looking at in the Q&A section. You might want to look into some artist you like for some insight into what you need to work on. Whether Rembrandt or Alex Ross YouTube might not teach you everything but can give you ideas on things you need to improve on and could find once you venture outside the beginner friendly classes. I’m still amazed at the info on those two and Alex Ross himself giving little insights into his covers on the tube.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.