Hello From Nebraska

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hello From Nebraska

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeffrey ShepherdJeffrey Shepherd
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi all,

It’s quiet around here. I just responded to five or so posts to try liven it up, so forgive my spam. I wonder if a Slack-like chat channel would be a better alternative to a message forum.

About me, I got sort of obsessed with the skill of drawing after taking a fundamentals class at the local community college. I realized it’s a skill you can learn not some inborn talent. I decided, “I want that skill!” On the other hand, my progress has been really slow, probably because my practice has been too inconsistent up until the last three weeks or so.

I’m currently bouncing around inside the beginner’s course. Here are two results from assignments, a 3-value landscape and a figure / gesture.

beginner landscapebeginner figure

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Jeffrey,

These are nice! I love the dancer especially. You should try New Master’s Discord channel. (Discord is an app in case you or anyone reading here didn’t know). There’s more interaction there, and they even have contests, prizes, and various channels for different interests. I’ll probably start posting there more myself. I’m trying to meet more artists online, so connect with me on Instagram if you’re of like mind! @ravensfineart.ravenkushner. Otherwise, take care and keep drawing! 🙂

Also, they do have a Slack channel as well but that’s only for people who are getting the private coaching, or who used to.

Jeffrey ShepherdJeffrey Shepherd
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Raven,

Thanks for the kind words and tip. I’ve followed your Instagram, and I’ll def check out the discord channel.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.