Hello from DC. Trying to be an artist

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hello from DC. Trying to be an artist

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Alice
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am pretty happy that I found this website. I am currently taking GV’s figure drawing classes. They are truly great ! I didn’t study art in college which I regret a lot these days. I am in my 20s. I feel like I started pretty late in this journey.

Unlorturnaly, I don’t have any artist friends yet 🙁  I sometimes feel alone in this journey. Let’s  talk if you’re in a similar situation !

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Alice.
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Welcome, Amelia. This is a great community for advice, encouragement, and much more. Have you checked out the study group forum? Either way I recommend you start sharing your progress or starting a 100 day challenge. I look forward to seeing more from you, and I’d be honored to be considered one of your first artist friends!

Alice
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you !

Nick HausmanNick Hausman
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Amelia, welcome. Don’t worry about starting late. I am starting off as well, and I’m in my 40s. We all come to things at different times, and you are still young.

I wish you well on your artistic path.

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Welcome Amelia,

It is never too late to start.  You are still young, and if you are serious and disciplined about study and practice, you can progress very well.  I was much older than you when I started getting serious about art.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

I agree with Erik and Nick. I drew as a child but didn’t start studying art seriously until my mid twenties. I also felt like a had a lot of ground to cover compared to some really skilled artists who had been drawing consistently their whole life. Also as a teacher I have had students who started drawing in their 50s 60s and later. All of them made dramatic progress. It’s never too late!

Leslie Graff
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Amelia

This is Leslie from Tucson.  You are so young!! Your life is ahead of you. I studied when I was your age, but due to circumstances, had to drop out.  However, I was still able to nurture my creative roots by having my own decorative painting business for 28 years.   I am used to a different kind of paint, drawing tools, and materials.  Here I am,  60, and ready to give it another go.  I am pretty rusty.  But, you know what, I improve with each class.  Keep going, keep walking, study hard, and you will reap rewards.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.