Hello!! :DD I’m Kiane!! Nice to meet you!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hello!! :DD I’m Kiane!! Nice to meet you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kiane RicasKiane Ricas
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi everyone!! I’m so excited to be a part of this community! I’m a 22 year old business grad who wants to relearn art after a 6 year hiatus. I used to draw and paint a lot as a child, but I compared myself so frequently with works of other artists my age that I got very very insecure with my skills & went on to pursue a different path. Plus, art school tuition fees didn’t make it any easier for me to take the plunge despite self-doubts. However, it came as a blessing in disguise as I am now met with a very fresh mind to rest”art” ART (haha get it? 😀 :c ) and the emotional and mental maturity (compared to when I was 16!!) to accept that despite the years of drawing & painting for fun, I am still a blank slate, but with so much potential to grow!! I am very lucky that my parents are willing to support me with my art journey, tho i’m not too keen on asking if they’ve set me a time limit lol.

So YEY!! I’m so excited and I hope to meet a lot of budding artists and a lot of already-super-cool ones as I progress months into this program. Wishing us all the best and hey!! If you’re also a beginner like me, do leave a reply so we can form a study group together!! I believe we’d be able to grow faster with a lot of other people’s critique and remarks than just working in a bubble. PLUS,  it’d be nice to have a small support group whenever we need a motivation-boost! My support is very genuine, I assure u! :DDD

Wishing everyone, including the instructors, good health and safety from this pandemic!!

“Ingat!!”

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Welcome to the community! You’ve definitely come to the right place. I look forward to seeing your work. Have you seen our study group forum? Quite a few artists are now working together there.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    Kiane RicasKiane Ricas
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I just did! I’m very much looking forward to learning with other people. Thank you for introducing the forum!!! :DDD

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Hi,

Welcome.  I didn’t even start drawing until I was in my early twenties.  When I was very young, I always wanted to be able to draw,  but never thought I had any talent for it.  I still don’t think I have a talent for it, but at least with hard work, you can make vast improvements!!  NMA is the art school I always dreamed of attending.  You will find the instruction here top notch, and if you are willing to put in the time and effort, I think you can get more out of this than almost any art school.

My suggestion is to start with the fundamentals and beginning series.  There is a lot of information there, and you will find yourself coming back to those even as your skills grow.  Good luck, and can’t wait to see your progress!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.