HaoleJon’s 100 Day challenge: Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge HaoleJon’s 100 Day challenge: Drawing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Criner
    Participant
    No points.

I just started MNA on the 7 day trial, I’ll probably try it for a couple months and see how it goes.

My focus will be drawing, specifically rendering basics, figure and portraits in pencil, conte and charcoal  (maybe some sanguine).  My goals are to improve my hand-eye coordination to draw what I see (instead of imagination), rendering forms, and anatomical accuracy.

My goal is to get a good drawing foundation before tackling acrylic painting (portraiture, landscape, and still life).

I work 50 hours a week and have two kids at home with a spouse in night school.  Just getting to watch the instructional videos will be a challenge, so we’ll see how it goes.  I’ve done two drawings in 18 months.

Jonathan

Jonathan Criner
    Participant
    No points.

I started Iliya’s Russian Drawing Fundamentals. He said “don’t skip this exercise” so…

Flat/gradated tones

Jonathan Criner
    Participant
    No points.

Two days in and already missed a day.  All I worked on were cubes and ellipses, but today my 10-year-old asked how to draw realistic faces, so I gave her a crash-course in the Loomis method, which I actually don’t prefer.

Loomis methodDeviation from Loomis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.