Gershon’s 100 Days of Art

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Gershon’s 100 Days of Art

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GR
    Participant
    No points.

Hello!

I am 35 and have drawn off and on since childhood but never had art education or made a serious attempt at learning. I am now learning the basics, and challenging myself to produce some form of art every day seems like a good way to build it into a habit. Currently I do my best work with a pencil, but I’ve picked up some gouache, watercolors, and acrylics to dip my toes into painting and learning to use a brush. I have a hand injury that affects how long I can draw for and occasionally how well I draw, but I (and my doctor) am confident it will improve with time, although it may need surgery to fix completely.

My challenge is to produce at least a sketch every day, but my goals are to:

• Get better control with hands – currently I find it really difficult to not push the pencil too hard, and sometimes to make the marks I want although some of that has to do with hand.
    • Learn anatomy, but also things like hands/feet/heads or portraits.
    • Learn to render light and shadow more accurately, and simplify better
    • Learn to paint (with at least watercolor and gouache)

Those are a lot of goals which should hopefully make this easier since I can do just about whatever I want.

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Day 1</span>

I spent a lot of time drawing – about 2.5 hours.

15 minute warm up from Bridgette Costume 2. I drew way too dark so lost enthusiasm to continue, and also Bridgette is much more slim than I sketched here.

warmup - bridgette from costume 2

The foot turned out better than the hand. I’m (slowly) learning to draw fingers, but currently I hate all the hands I draw so tend to start shading and abandon them. The foot probably needs better contrast but at least the shape is close.  The hand is from Hands (Female) 7, the foot from Feet (Female) 4. Total time about an hour for both.

Hands Female 7

15 minutes sketch, from Lamonte Portraits 2

Lamonte Portraits 2

Last for the day is an hour portrait attempt from Mather Portraits. It’s quite small on paper. I don’t know how to draw hair at all, so that’s something to add along with everything else. There is a lot wrong with this from the shape of her eyes to the shading, but its a start.

Mather Portraits

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by GR.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.