Gaya’s 100 day Art Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Gaya’s 100 day Art Challenge

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GayaGaya
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello All,

I have always been thinking to learn drawing from a structured course. I took an year membership with NMA and I am so excited to learn from the varied courses. I am still in the beginner level hence my 100 day art challenge is going to be simple baby steps, one day at a time! I am planning to dedicate 20 minutes per day for drawing. I have already started with the beginner’s guide to drawing course few days ago. My goal is to complete that course plus other beginner friendly courses and eventually draw portraits. This is going to be fun but at the same time it will hold me accountable too. For years, I have been trying to learn something but never dedicate time and find excuses not to. May be this is what I was waiting for! I see many artists who are really skilled in here. This is really motivating and inspiring. Looking forward to learn more and at the end of the 100th day, I can look back and say, “Yes, that’s what is called progress!”

Thanks,

Gaya

GayaGaya
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Landscape1Today, I started with the week 6 – understanding and using value with Bill Perkins of the beginner’s guide to drawing

GayaGaya
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

sea 2sea2Did a but more sketching to cover the rocks. also tried this on an a4 sheet to see how the shades come up.

GayaGaya
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

exer 1

Still working on the lesson. Learning different values

GayaGaya
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 4-5 – Couldn’t dedicate much time but I practiced minor keys and major keys.

practice1

GayaGaya
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

still drawingDay 13- Couldn’t spend time last week but today I dedicated 3-4 hours to continue with the beginners drawing, and practiced some exercises

kay
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

You are certainly  putting in the work and effort, good luck on your journey

GayaGaya
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Kay for the motivation 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.