Figure Drawing Study Group

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Study Groups Figure Drawing Study Group

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

I would like to know if about 5 people are interested in forming a figure drawing related drawing study group? I find it sometimes difficult to stick to one full drawing course and start watching something else instead. I think it would be great and motivating to have a small group of people that have the same goal to work through the same lessons. We could encourage each other and provide feedback on the assignments. I think it’s very valuable to see different approaches to the same matter and I would love to see everyone’s progress.

We could choose courses like for example Beginning Figure Drawing by Steve Huston and follow up with the figure drawing series by Glenn Vilppu. I do not want to make it too rigid, but I would appreciate if we can find a way to establish a basic commitment within this group. Maybe we can find a way to structure the videos and say that we want to finish Videos 1,2,3 by the end of the week and choose a time-frame to take a look at each others drawings, etc. But we can of course talk about the details and brainstorm on the method afterwards ๐Ÿ™‚

With regard to the level, please consider that I am still in my beginner’s phase ๐Ÿ™‚ (you can take a look at my 100 Day challenge, if you need some reference!) but in general, all levels are welcome!

If you are interested, please let me know in the comments ๐Ÿ™‚ If a few people are interested, I will think about the next steps! Thanks in advance and happy drawing!

Tom
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Ramona

Hey Iยดd be interested in something like this, but i am already halfway through Glenns course…

What kind of Format did you imagine? Llike a Whatsappgroup or something of that sort?

Let me know^^

T

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Tom,

thank you so much for you interest! We can definitely change the course to something else, as long as its figure drawing related ๐Ÿ˜€

I was thinking about maybe using Dropbox as a platform, because it has Dropbox Paper, which has some pretty cool functions for visual exchanges. For the initial communication, however, WhatsApp is maybe the better option! I will establish a Dropbox account on the weekend and come back to you here in the comments, maybe we find someone else who wants to join us in the meantime!

Have a nice weekend! ๐Ÿ™‚

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi!

I’m interested in joining a study group and I’m currently doing the 100 days challenge for figure drawing, so this is perfect!ย  I haven’t had anyone to really bounce art theories off of so let me know!

Thanks,

AJ

Bea
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, I’d like to join too! I’ve been taking Steve Huston ‘s classes for head structure and i want to go into the figure next.

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for everyone’s replies! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m really glad that you’re interested in joining this study group!

Please send your phone numbers to the following email address, so I can add you to the Whats App group to talk about the next steps (which class we want to focus on, if we want to use Dropbox or another platform, etc.): waraishio@gmx.de

Looking forward to hearing from you ๐Ÿ™‚

Francisco Frutuoso
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Im also interested in joining, working the figure almost every day, and currently going trough Steve Houston figure drawing.ย  Hope there os some space left hehe.

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Francisco, thanks for your interest! There is actually one more slot left for you!

We are currently following Glenn Vilppu’s approach, currently at Figure Drawing | Part 3: Box Forms with Glenn Vilppu to be precisely, but if this is cool with you, feel free to shoot me an email at the address I mentioned above, so I can add you to our WhatsApp group. We discuss different things and you can of course send us your figure drawings that are not related to the Vilppu’s class as well

gregre
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Ramona,

can you find place for 1 person more ? ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m also taking Glenn’s Figure Drawing | at part 2 now.

Best Gre

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Gre, yes for sure! Just write me an email with your phone number! ๐Ÿ™‚

For everyone else: we would like to keep the number of people small in this group, but there’s still room for one additional person!

gregre
    Participant
    No points.

@Ramona thanks that’s great ๐Ÿ™‚ and …ups I’m not using whatsapp nor facebook.

Would slack.com be an option forย  communication? It’s free & designed for team communication (mainly a nice organized topic based chat tool).

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Gre! Oh okay, that’s unfortunate! We already settled down on using WhatsApp for communication.

We do, however, upload some notes and our assignments for the figure drawing class to a separate DropBox file, so if you want to have access to this file, please send me an email! We can comment on each others results of the Vilppu class in this file as well!

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey, I’m stuck on drawing the figure as box forms. does anyone have any tips?

Himanshi Dahiwade
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, seems like i am a bit too late to join in! Today was my first day starting with Glenn vilppu’s figure drawing class. Please let me know if i can still join the group.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.