Figure drawing of Angelique (WIP)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Figure drawing of Angelique (WIP)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Timo KäharaTimo Kähara
    Participant
    No points.

Work in progress. There’s a special charm in a semi-finished drawing (in my humble opininon).

Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Timo,  yeah some “wip” drawings are just great,   i like your progress so far, i can see a solid base drawing though i would tone more the reflexed light on the breasts.

I would suggest working on the line of the legs and head, maybe barely suggest the forms of them with thin to thick lines so they guide us to the  “the chest”, so we have a variety from line and chiaroscuro on our overall composition.  I would do that, just my suggestion thought.

Thanks for sharing ::)

Lucy
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I like this a lot!! I agree with all of Carlos’ critique, but would also suggest darkening the line around the legs and feet and lower belly and the head and neck, if you choose to add it. You’re mixing a more finished style with line work, which is a neat style that I like a lot!

Timo KäharaTimo Kähara
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks, Carlos and Lucy, for the comments and suggestions. I really planned to keep it “unfinished”, but fiddled too much with the outlines of the legs, so it didn’t look enough loose and spontaneous anymore. So I finished the figure and added a red colour pop instead. Check out some closeups of this drawing on my Instagram -> https://www.instagram.com/timokaharaart/

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow, this turned out really nice! Great value control!

Chi VarjusChi Varjus
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Beautiful work! I’d love to see a progress video and your thought process during this!

Timo KäharaTimo Kähara
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks, Vera and Chi! Unfortunately no progress video for that drawing. In my case there’s no intricate thought process. Just observe-analyze-draw and repeat (:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.