Bryan’s 100 Day Challenge: Figure Drawing in Oil Pastels

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Bryan’s 100 Day Challenge: Figure Drawing in Oil Pastels

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 271 through 281 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 97. I did a study of “Miss Alice Kurtz” by Eakins. Needs more work, but this is what I was able to complete today. 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe.
    Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Bryan. I’m looking at your day 96 painting – you may be feeling like it’s hard, but I think this is amazing. Your skills with a difficult medium have come so far. The light, the colours, the expression on his face – it looks really mature and confident 🙂.

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Deborah 🙂

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 98. I forgot to save the name of the artist/painting  for this study.  

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 99. A study of a portrait by Manet. Still needs some work, but I’m done for today. 

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

She has a really lovely expression. One day to go 🙂!

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 100. Another Manet master study today. I’m a big fan of Impressionism. Thanks Deborah. Hard to believe day 100 is here 🙂

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Bryan,

Congratulations you did it! It seems you were in a pretty good flow the last few days/weeks. I hope you can call that habit now and that you will stick to it, if so I’m sure you will keep improving 😁👍

Any plans on what’s next?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Christopher.
    Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Oh, this one’s fantastic! Congratulations Bryan, really well done 🙂! You should look back over this with great satisfaction. I hope you’ve enjoyed your journey and all the best for whatever’s next. I hope to see you back here at some stage!

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Christopher 🙂 Yes, I feel like I’m just starting to figure a bit out artistically. I’m definitely going to keep at it and keep trying to improve. I’m going to keep trying to learn, and experiment with new mediums. My short term goal is to figure out which medium to use to get consistent/reliable results using color in my sketchbook so I can practice every day. I’m thinking I might try pastel pencils. I also have a few ideas for a new challenge, so I’ll be back after a short break.

Thanks Deborah. I really appreciate all the support and advice you have given me through this process. I learned a lot and did a ton of experimenting, so I am happy with the results. I still feel like I have a lot of room to improve, so I will be back for another challenge soon 🙂.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

You’re welcome – it’s been fun 🙂. I’ll look forward to seeing what’s next for you!

Viewing 11 posts - 271 through 281 (of 281 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.