Drawing the Head Week 8

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Drawing the Head Week 8

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, instructor Glenn Vilppu will demonstrate his approach to head drawing and teach you the necessary tools for constructing the head. You can follow along in real-time with Glenn as he draws from various model reference images. You will discover the common mistakes made in figure drawing as Glenn critiques other student’s work.

Join Master instructor Glenn Vilppu for an 8-week interactive Live Class, where he shares with you his approach to drawing the head. Each week provides a new series of heads to draw from, with different challenges and focuses. Glenn will illustrate how to tackle each drawing in real-time using traditional mediums. You can complete and submit your drawings with the specified focus from each week for critique. Glenn will go through as many submitted artworks as possible towards the end of each class, starting week two. You can submit assignments each week by following the Submission Guidelines PDF in the Assignment Tab.

To receive important class updates, enter your email here.

LEWIS MACKENZIELEWIS MACKENZIE
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Here’s my effort at the week 8 assignment. Minimal cheating involved, I did look at the 3D skull a few times, but didn’t draw directly from it

Lew - imagined skulls

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

These are really great Lewis! :O
    2 things I noticed:  the 2nd one down on the left might be twisted. look at the brow line, the cheekbone line, nose line, front of muzzle line,  and chin line.
    And the inside of the chin on the bottom view should probably look more like a trapezoid than a triangle, basically, you could add a plane to the inside of the chin 🙂

These are great!

LEWIS MACKENZIELEWIS MACKENZIE
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for the feedback Daniel! Looking again, I think you’re right on both counts. Going to spend some time drawing skulls from observation and then try this again some time in the future. Thanks again!

As a side note, I’d just like to say how much I’ve enjoyed working through this class.  Although I was a bit late in starting (I think it was up to week 6 or 7 when I became a subscriber) I’ve learned a huge amount just from watching the videos and hearing Glenn’s perspective on drawing. It has begun to change my way of thinking about drawing and I feel as though it’s helped me to start making my way out of a rut that I’ve been in for a long time. So another big thank you!

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Lewis, this is fantastic news! I am so glad to hear that you are progressing through this class 😀 This Friday, we are starting his materials course, I hope to see you there!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.