Digital oil painting

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art Discussion Digital Art Digital oil painting

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steven Moriarty
    Participant
    No points.

Was just wondering if anyone has had any success in following any of the oil painting courses digitally using an app that mimics very closely traditional media like Artrage or Rebelle (version 4 is out now and has oil brushes)

i have the supplies for traditional oil painting, but cant afford top tier oil paint like they recommend. Plus its SOOO messy! I seriously get paint all over everything! plus I am concerned about toxicity…

Tristan Gray
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m a fresh newbie, so take what I say with a grain of salt. This is mainly a general consensus I’ve gathered from watching and listening to experienced content creators who deal with digital art.

It depends on what style or expression you are going for with your art. Generally, studying oil painting in order to improve your skill in digital art is definitely a good idea. There are many digital artists who utilize techniques most commonly seen in traditional painting, a great example of that would be Ruan Jia. His ability is staggering, and techniques used in classic painting are common to see in his works, in spite of being digitally created. Even looking at some of his works from afar one could mistake it for a traditional painting. And he is definitely an artist worth taking inspiration and reference from. Hope this helps.

Steven Moriarty
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks for the tip. ill keep that in mind

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.